Early region top 10 predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
paintballer

Re: Early region top 10 predictions

Post by paintballer »

Would sticking to only out of state transfers would that mitigate any concerns of the IHSAA trying to get involved?

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

paintballer wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 pm
Would sticking to only out of state transfers would that mitigate any concerns of the IHSAA trying to get involved?
You'd have to assume it's much easier to go from IL or OH to IN than it would be to go from Lake Central to Hobart or West Side to Merrillville. Like the reverse Mt. Carmel effect, if you will..

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:29 am
1. Crown point (state runner ups)

2. Merrillville (most consistent program in entire region)

3. Valpo( 2nd most consistent and lost to Merrillville)

4. Hanover central (won’t be higher than 4 unless they take on the top 3)

5. Hobart( will they come time in right direction with the new coach?)

6. Andrean (had a down season last year but I think they rebound)

7. Chesterton (shocker I know but they are competing for top 3 in DAC this year.)

8. Hammond Morton (has great talent but can’t seem to compete with top teams)

9. Lake central (this will be the year they start to rebound)

10. Munster (major shock! But this team has the right coach at the helm now and he will have them in every game)

Back to the original topic at hand :lol:

1-4 same.

5. Hobart. Coach Schreiber Jr. has a great head on his shoulders and previous experience as a HC to support a program with a ton of community support.

6. Andrean. Returning 4/5 starters on the O-line bodes well for a rebound for this group. Their loses came all to teams ahead of them in the top 10 and 3A state champ Chatard.

7. Chesterton. They dealt with a ton of injuries last year to upperclassmen. Giving valuable minutes to underclassmen who will now be in starting roles but no unfamiliar territory. This team could jump up the rankings quickly or fall down just the same. I don't see them competing for top 3(DAC) but they could be this years surprise. Should be a real interesting year in the land of Cheese.

8. KV. Year 3 under Kennedy will really start to show the growth of this program. They had a strong showing last year in all of their loses except to Hanover.

9. Lowell. I just don't see RDP repeating losing seasons as last year was their first under Kilmer. The rebound could be stronger than anticipated this year.

10. Morton. Lebron, Freddie, and Holland plus a core of 3 returning OL starters give this group a legit chance. Major ? is can they put a complete season together and not be hot and cold torching inferior opponents and folding against the superior.

Region Don

Post by Region Don »

paintballer wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:53 pm
Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:29 am
1. Crown point (state runner ups)

2. Merrillville (most consistent program in entire region)

3. Valpo( 2nd most consistent and lost to Merrillville)

4. Hanover central (won’t be higher than 4 unless they take on the top 3)

5. Hobart( will they come time in right direction with the new coach?)

6. Andrean (had a down season last year but I think they rebound)

7. Chesterton (shocker I know but they are competing for top 3 in DAC this year.)

8. Hammond Morton (has great talent but can’t seem to compete with top teams)

9. Lake central (this will be the year they start to rebound)

10. Munster (major shock! But this team has the right coach at the helm now and he will have them in every game)

Back to the original topic at hand :lol:

1-4 same.

5. Hobart. Coach Schreiber Jr. has a great head on his shoulders and previous experience as a HC to support a program with a ton of community support.

6. Andrean. Returning 4/5 starters on the O-line bodes well for a rebound for this group. Their loses came all to teams ahead of them in the top 10 and 3A state champ Chatard.

7. Chesterton. They dealt with a ton of injuries last year to upperclassmen. Giving valuable minutes to underclassmen who will now be in starting roles but no unfamiliar territory. This team could jump up the rankings quickly or fall down just the same. I don't see them competing for top 3(DAC) but they could be this years surprise. Should be a real interesting year in the land of Cheese.

8. KV. Year 3 under Kennedy will really start to show the growth of this program. They had a strong showing last year in all of their loses except to Hanover.

9. Lowell. I just don't see RDP repeating losing seasons as last year was their first under Kilmer. The rebound could be stronger than anticipated this year.

10. Morton. Lebron, Freddie, and Holland plus a core of 3 returning OL starters give this group a legit chance. Major ? is can they put a complete season together and not be hot and cold torching inferior opponents and folding against the superior.
5. I don't get the Schreiber love. I get the fact that he had 2 nice seasons at West Side, but he did have some legit talent playing for him. I actually am more impressed with the job Boz has done since Schreiber left. I've stated it before that Schreiber doesn't deserve that gig. He was the DC for a team that gave up almost 50 to KV!

8. Didn't KV lose to Munster?! Competitive against Hobart, but got the doors blown off against HC and lost to Munster.

10. Most over-hyped program in the area! They'll never beat Merrillville. All they do on offense is chuck it deep. Still can't block anyone.

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

5. ES is the poster boy for the All-American Guy. Hobart needed Schriber to offset some of the shenanigans that went on before. Eric is a good guy I hope the natives don't turn on him.

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

Region Don wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:48 pm

5. I don't get the Schreiber love. I get the fact that he had 2 nice seasons at West Side, but he did have some legit talent playing for him. I actually am more impressed with the job Boz has done since Schreiber left. I've stated it before that Schreiber doesn't deserve that gig. He was the DC for a team that gave up almost 50 to KV!

8. Didn't KV lose to Munster?! Competitive against Hobart, but got the doors blown off against HC and lost to Munster.

10. Most over-hyped program in the area! They'll never beat Merrillville. All they do on offense is chuck it deep. Still can't block anyone.
5. Who had a better showing in the area that is behind them? Secondly, if a former NFL player who became the HC at Hobart wanted this guy to replace him then I'll put my faith in his opinion over those criticizing him from behind an anonymous screen name.

8. I don't care about a week 9 loss to Munster in a game that has 0 impact on your playoff results. They beat West Side the next week and gave New Prairie everything they could handle losing 21-28 in OT. If you look at their schedule and tell me this team doesn't have it's arrow pointing up then we'll just have to wait for the season.

10. I stated this team must prove it can play well against stiff competition and not be hot or cold. That is why they're 10th and will stay at 10 until proven otherwise against good comp. or dropped out at the first sign of poor play.

You stated early the original top ten was fairly accurate but contains both Morton and Munster. So which one is it? An accurate top ten or is Munster trash and you can use them as a criticism of the KV ranking? Is Morton overrated or apart of an accurate top ten?

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

It's a shell game.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

paintballer wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:18 pm
Region Don wrote:

You stated early the original top ten was fairly accurate but contains both Morton and Munster. So which one is it? An accurate top ten or is Munster trash and you can use them as a criticism of the KV ranking? Is Morton overrated or apart of an accurate top ten?
Maybe he liked my top ten more with Morton ranked... higher?... Lmao :lol:

Hanovergrad2019

Post by Hanovergrad2019 »

Jimbo23 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:42 am
paintballer wrote:
Region Don wrote:

I mean does anyone actually see Morton as a threat? Because I don’t even think they are a top 5 team in DAC… I’m not even sure they could beat Andrean/hobart/hanover central/lowell

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:41 pm
Jimbo23 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:42 am
paintballer wrote:

I mean does anyone actually see Morton as a threat? Because I don’t even think they are a top 5 team in DAC… I’m not even sure they could beat Andrean/hobart/hanover central/lowell
They play Portage and Chesterton weeks 1 and 2, if they find a way to win 1 of those, odds are they'd finish top 5 in the DAC (somewhere around 5) and IF they win both, then they're probably better than 5 in the DAC, that they're not in. Lol

You also ranked them 8th so evidently, you see them as more of a threat than you do Michigan City, Portage, LaPorte, and Lake Central (based on YOUR way too early top 10).